- Consumption of fresh grapes in the U.S. is about 8 pounds per person per year.
- California's fresh grape industry is made up of approximately 550 farmers.
- California produces 98% of the fresh grapes grown in the United States.
- About a third of California's table grapes are exported to over 60 overseas markets.
- The top five export countries are: Canada, Mexico, China, Central America Region* and Australia .
* CAR - Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala & Honduras
- The belief that grapes have healing properties dates back to ancient times, long before scientific research gave grapes disease-fighting credibility. In ancient China, wine was mixed with snakes, frogs and other creatures to cure sickness.
- If left alone, a grapevine will spread 50 feet or more.